Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One thing I know.


Sullivan Michael Murray ~ 8/6/11 @ 2:59 PM ~ 10 lbs, 21 inches

It's so amazing to meet your new baby for the first time. Such an odd introduction between strangers who knew each other all along. I fell in love with Sullivan instantly.

My heart felt like it had reached its capacity for love when I had Max. It was so bursting and overflowing with love that if I focused too much on it I would literally be brought to tears. I know now that it is capable of holding much more than I gave it credit for.

I can confidently say that the room in our human hearts to adore and care for a new little life created out of love far exceeds the outer reaches of space and time and anything our minds are capable of imagining.

Billy and I have realized, in this short amount of time being parents of two, that our love is not divided between Max and Sullivan, but multiplied.

Thank you, Sullivan, for this lesson on love. Your brother taught us about the depth of love and you have taught us about the breadth of love.

Welcome to the world little one. We're so happy you are ours.

My whole heart,
Momma





PS- your Dad discovered this song a few weeks before you were born. I must have played it a million times with tears streaming down my face. You were brought into the world with this song playing on repeat in the background. It helped me focus during the hardest parts of labor.

You were placed on my belly during the lyrics "I don't know where we come from, and I don't know where we go. But my arms were made to hold you, so I will never let you go". It's weird...there are some very specific details I captured in midst of the beautiful chaos and some things, like the pain, are already fading from my memory. I will always remember that final moment when we were forever made two seperate beings and this will always be your song.


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com
You were born into a strange world.
Like a candle, you were meant to share the fire.
I don't know where we come from, and I don't know where we go.
But my arms were made to hold you, so I will never let you go.
Cuz you were born to change this life.
You were born to chase the light.
You were born...

Love your mother, yeah she's s good one.
She'll build you armor; keep you warm as a hen.
The stars may fall and the rains may pour,
But I will love you evermore.
You were born to make this right.
You were born to chase the light.
You were born...

Oh my precious, oh my love, when they come to take me,
I will hold you from above.
I don't know why we're here, and I don't know how,
But I'm here with you now, I am here with you now.
Cuz you were born to change this life.
Cuz you were born to make this right.
Cuz you were born to chase the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment